Thursday, August 03, 2006

Cousins...


Well Gabe has lost his summertime companion and is turning back to his little sister for some camaraderie now that he needs someone to play tractors with!
The heat is still atrocious here and we went swimming in Grandmas pool last night to try and get some refreshment......well, we were wet, but when the pool is 90 degrees it's hard to find it refreshing!! At about 9:00 we were entertained with a beautiful lightning show out our living room window, we also saw what appeared to be a funnel cloud just west of us....SCARY! I was making the 'tornado plans' in my head, and told Dwight that he's getting Gabe and I'm getting Ashlyn if we had to.
Turns out it was just a beautiful storm and we fell asleep to the pitter patter of rain on the steel roof.

Thank you Lord for your beautiful and amazing thunderstorm last night....it made me realize how small I am and how powerful you are.

No comments: