It was one of those moments where you have to stand still and observe the horror before reacting. Let me set the scene for you.
I was in the den whilst the bless-ed little children played so quietly in the playroom. I was reading an article on Home schooling and heard a muffled cry from Ashlyn. I lazily got up and sauntered to the playroom, knowing her cry was short-lived. As I rounded the corner, my brain couldn't register why it was that I couldn't see her clearly. I could see her silouhette and could see Gabe madly shaking something......fog.....mist....smoke.....Then the un-mistakeable scent invaded my nostrils...Baby Powder. My first reaction was to get both children outside...away from the fine dust that had covered EVERYTHING. Just as I had rushed them out the patio door....I couldn't help myself, I HAD to take a picture. I madly dashed to get my camera only to find the batteries were not working, I opened every remote trying to find batteries that worked...and ended up unscrewing the battery pack at the base of Ashlyns new doll house in order to find a working set.
As soon as the pics were done, I scolded Gabe for making such a mess and tried to explain that baby powder is not good for his breathing, it's only for a diaper. Well ,he decided he wanted to clean up....as I was dusting Ashlyn off, he had found my blush brush and was slowly excavating the toy gator from the mountain of powder.
I still have yet to tackle the task of vaccuming the mess...this will be a project in and of itself. Each toy in the basket will have to be cleaned with a wet cloth, and every crevice will show signs of this catastrophic event for weeks to come I'm sure.
Well here they are: