Thursday, August 31, 2006

Daily Happenings...

Some things happening around here....

I know for sure...summer is coming to end. I can tell by our little pool. It's cold and leafy and ripples in the wind. Good-bye summer, Hello Autumn.




I know for sure...work is awaiting. Lots of work. Harvest time is approaching on the farm, corn will be combined, the last of the hay will be baled, wood will be stacked, and fields will be plowed.




I know for sure....I can grow things. Live, green things. I planted chinese lanterns in the spring, and they grew and now show their pretty orange lanterns. Little as they may be, I grew them.




I know for sure....I can cook. I made these delicious Italian roasted potatoes yesterday. They bubbled and hissed in the glass dish then slowly melted in my mouth. Mmmmm.
I know for sure.....my daughter will soon be walking. She can march behind her cart now. She likes to hit things, she aims for cats. She is so positively adorable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No need to be so mean-spirited Jen, I know you're just jealous!!!