Thursday, October 19, 2006

Babes...

Ashlyn is doing so well with her walking now, it seems like she's finally caught the hang of it and no matter how many times she stumbles, she's right back up trying again. It's really nice to not have to hold her 24/7 and have her gain some real independance. She's eating little finger foods on her own, she gets around by herself and can play for up to and hour with her toys by herself. This age is pretty nice.

We had Gabe and Ashlyn close in age ...they're 18 months apart and I must admit it has been quite busy. I think if Gabriel had reached his milestones earlier it may have been a less-stressful pregnancy, because carrying a 35 lb child around when you're 8 months pregnant is a little rough...as is the excruciating heart burn, the dizzy spells, high blood pressure and nausea for 9 months straight (thank you diclectin!)

Even though pregnancy is pretty difficult for me... I know I'll have another one, I really love children and it's so incredibly worth 9 months of torture in the end!

We caught up with some friends of ours yesterday who have just had baby and he is currently weighing in around 8 lbs., What a sweetheart! It ignited a small flame inside me, a craving, a raw maternal instinct and brought back a flood of memories from what was just a small while ago. Even though I felt these urges...I won't be acting on them too soon. I'm enjoying my babies so much right now and am looking forward to a year of being a healthy Mom to these 2 little angels.

Psalm 139:13 & 14

13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

No comments: