Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Today..

Well Shoot. I didn't even do it right. I was supposed to tag some of my peeps to partake in the meme. So here goes (better late than never...)

1. Three Lads and a Lady
2. Today I choose Joy...
3. Always Believe...
4. Live, Love & Laugh
5. Ebert Tree House

There we go.

Today is a new day. Yesterdays tomorrow and a fresh start on a clean slate. A day for new beginnings. ...Okay you get the idea.
I'll be honest, and ...I know you've been wondering about it.
It's not going well. It began unravelling about a week ago...and now I'm up.

3 whole pounds.

I could tell you I'm not gonna beat myself up about it, yadda yadda, but the truth is, I had a great week. I ate what my heart desired, and I desired alot. It went in the mouth left, right and center. Mmm mmm, there were donuts, pie, breads, candy, chocolate, and hot dogs all washed down with a nice cold coke. It was nice. Now I'm done. Ahem...For a while at least.

So here we are again old friend. The one whom I have an ill-fated relationship with, we are always destined to fail, but yet we try, try again. Let's make it last, a little give n' take. You give me self-esteem, I give you fat. It really is a worthy trade.

Today I started with fruit for breakfast, and I'm making a famous mish-mash soup for lunch. It basically involves staring into my fridge and pantry for ingredients that are healthy, and can be boiled in a pot. Currently I have my pot bubbling away with beans, onions, carrots, tomatoes, seasonings, chicken broth, celery, and I'll throw in a handful of rice eventually.

Here's to new beginnings.

Thought I'd post a recipe for anyone looking for something new to try...it's a favourite in our house, and it's on our menu this evening.


Honey Curry Chicken

-Chicken parts (thighs, legs, breasts, ...)
-1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
-1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbls. curry

Preheat oven to 375.
Combine ingredients and pour over chicken in a shallow casserole dish.
Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes, basting occasionally.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Janalynn said...

Hey Leanne... glad to hear i'm not the only failing on my "attempt" to lose some weight! I'm so glad you are honest and real it makes me feel normal, i deeply apprecaite it! Here's to losing!