Saturday, February 03, 2007

New Curtains...

The hubs and I started a small project today ...which eventually became an all day affair. We painted the window sills in the dining room, and touched up the paint on the walls. I decided mid-afternoon that I would be able to 'whip-up' a new set of curtains, so I began the arduous task of cutting some fabric I had (which was going to be a second apron....) and after hand-stiching one seam, I decided I needed technology. So I called my Mother in law with the intention of borrowing her machine to zip a few seams....when after sitting down with her (a professional in the sewing world) my plans (which were very unplanned...ahem..) changed ... and so much for the better. The original idea is still there, but the sewing was done much more efficiently than if I had done it :) I am SO thankful she helped me ...they turned out wonderfully!!! I added a grapevine swag on top and a wooden heart hung by ribbon.


Here's a pic of the freshly painted sills, new blinds, and the curtains :




4 comments:

Jethro, Squirt and Mel said...

Your window and curtains looks Awesome....Would Nancy be willing to give lessons?

Melanie

Anonymous said...

You missed a spot.




hahhahahahah...just kidding, but made you sweat didn't it. hee hee

Anonymous said...

I'm here from the Sparrow's Nest. The window looks very lovely! Nice job. :)
Joanna

Anonymous said...

Thanks! It wasn't too difficult either :)