Sunday, February 04, 2007

Scones


The other day the hubs had a long lost friend over for breakfast. He used to dwell in this house before Dwight and I met, ...when the hubs needed company in this big ol' farm house.
I decided to lay the table out in Martha Stewart fashion with my newly purchased creamer and sugar set and butter tray from the pottery barn (another unecessary, but beautiful buy... nonetheless) and matching buff coloured plates and mugs. I brewed a pot of tea, poured fresh orange juice into a glass pitcher, and put out my new juice glasses (from dollarama... :). The main attraction were the freshly baked chocolate chip oatmeal muffins and the raisin scones....served warm, with strawberry or apricot jelly.
The breakfast was warm and so was the company, it was great to catch up and see the Hubs happy to have re-kindled an old friendship.
The scone recipe comes from a favourite website of mine www.allrecipes.com . It has been passed down through generations of the Johnston family, and lucky for me they shared it. Dwight and the kids just love them.
Raisin Scones
You'll Need:
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. baking soda
4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. salt
1 cup butter
1 egg
1 cup raisins (optional)
Blend sour cream and baking soda in small bowl (set aside)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix Flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt
Cut butter into dry mix
Stir in sour cream mixture and egg into flour until moist.
Mix in raisins
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly
Roll or pat dough into a 1"high, round circle
Using a pizza cutter, slice dough into 12 equal wedges
Place 2" apart on foil lined cookie sheet
Bake for 12-15 minutes
Enjoy while warm with melted butter.....Oooooo, my mouth is watering :)

2 comments:

6Pigtales and A Buzzcutboy said...

Okay Leanne I am drooling over the scones and also I am now completly addicted to you Hangman game u put on here!!

Chrissy

Anonymous said...

LOL..I thought it would be a fun addition, I suck at it though...

Yes, you must try the scones...absolutely delicious.