Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Soap Box..

As the winter days creep along, I find myself wanting to be productive indoors. I've been trying to keep my hands busy and thanks to my sister in law, I happened upon another little project to complete.


Alison had read in a Martha Stewart magazine that in order to keep your kitchen counters clutter free, a small organized container for your soaps and lotions, would be helpful. So, we gave the 'soap box' plans to the hubs, and within 2 days he produced a lovely wooden holder for our kitchen items.


I decided to paint it with my cupboard door paint colour, and crackled it to add a shabby chic/distressed look. I added a gold star, and painted a design ... and wa-laa! You have my 'Soap box'.



2 comments:

girlebert said...

How adorable Oh to be talented and crafty!!! Great job Leanne!!

Anonymous said...

I am using my "soap box" as a bad day box. In it is my tylenol, advil, and anti-depressents. LOL!! Can you tell I have 4 kids less then 4 years apart?? So thank you for making me something to hold my happy pills!!