Monday, September 24, 2007

Window Boxes..

It's been bugging me for over a year now, and I knew it had to be done, but was putting it off...

The window boxes over my livingroom windows were drab...just a plain ol' brown and I knew they needed a little extra something, so this weekend I grabbed momma and we went to Winter Wheat. It's a inspirational little spot nestled in a forest...a folk decorators dream come true.

Here are some pics....





































Well it was a beautiful day, and I was wonderfully inspired ...so here's a before and after for you. My goal was to create a warm and cozy look that I can enjoy year round...and particularly in the evenings once the children have gone to bed...

(I do still have to fix the cord and fiddle with it a bit .... but you get the idea) ah...one more thing to cross off my list...slowly but surely this is really becoming my dream home. I am thankful for everything we have, and as a woman I enjoy making this space something I can be proud of..it makes it easier to for me to follow through with what I know is expected of me as a stay at home mom. When my house is put together properly and prettily, I feel good about having people over and I feel that I'm providing my family with a nice space to enjoy.

Anyway...hope you're all enjoying your spaces too... Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Mandalyn said...

I love what you've added! Very cozy and enjoyable! It will be nice to sit and look at after the children have gone to bed at night!:) Great job!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

It's been awhile since I have checked in with you....wow, you have been one busy woman!

Karen said...

I love your windows! And Winter Wheat sounds like a wonderful place. I may have to liven up my own space after seeing that. :)

Full of Grace said...

Looks very pretty!!! I much prefer it With the new decor! :)