Saturday, October 07, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving....



So here's the cake I'm trying to make for Thanksgiving dinner. Yes it's a cake ... a roasted turkey cake. We're celebrating 3 birthdays as well so I thought I 'd combine the birthday and Thanksgiving celebrations! Leave it to me to come up with something so corny. So far I have the body parts baked and cut out and I was trying different icing colours this morning and I had bought a peach colour thinking I could add some red or orange to give it a golden look ....well not so, it was a salmonelly, raw turkey look. Just not appetizing.... So my MIL came to the rescue with a brown food colouring...hopefully that does the trick. We'll be having one dinner on Sunday and some delicious leftovers (from another dinner we'll be missing) on Monday.

I'll post pics of the turkey cake once it's finito, Please wish with me that it won't become a "peach coloured lumpy mess" as my friend Jen was guessing it may turn out to become.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving....or Givingthanks as the commercial calls it. We are so blessed, let's focus upwards and onwards...giving thanks for all we have and are.

Give Thanks...

Give thanks with a grateful heart

Give thanks to the Holy One

Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ His Son

And now, let the weak say "I am strong"

Let the poor say "I am rich"

Because of what the Lord has done for us

Give Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...thanks Cindy, I'll remember that for future comments!!!

girlebert said...

Still waiting for a pic of the final product??!!! Hurry on up. I am bored. It is 7:30am and I have nothing to look at:):)
Happy Thanksgiving Girl