Saturday, October 28, 2006

To the Market we go...



















We headed off to the local farmers market this morning, as we had done last Saturday, and enjoyed a fresh rainy morning picking through the produce. We bring our allotted 'fresh food spending money' and I get the veggies necessary to complete the meals coming up on my meal plan. For the rest I still shop in my basement and pantry for the remaining ingredients...

Today we picked up some soft green leaf lettuce and some bright red lemington tomatoes....Mmm.

I tore the lettuce apart and washed then put it in a big ziploc for salads for the week. I couldn't resist and made a big, gourmet salad for lunch today and it was DEElicious!
We also picked out our pumpkin for Hallowe'en, and Gabe is looking forward to carving it later this afternoon. I think we may even roast the seeds for the fun of it! I'll post pics once the masterpiece is completed. We also purchased some fresh soft portugese rolls, some pretty purple plums, and some royal gala apples. The kids are loving fruit these days and even though Ashy mainly just walks around with her pecked on apple, it's okay, because she's learning to love healthy food. She can devour a pear in minutes, but it's the lack of teeth that slows here down on the apples!

The other day she happened to find a calligraphy set that I had received years ago for Christmas....she pulled it out of the shelf and decided to sort through the box until she found an opened wax cartridge that of course hadn't dried up over the years....and like any baby would do, she popped it in her mouth to suck on it. I twas a beautiful shade of hunter green...as you can see by the photos below...



She was such a good girl to stick her tongue out for the camera! Arggg, what am I gonna do with this kid?? Soon after she decided it was time to learn how to get n the couch like the 'big' folks do ....(you can take that any way you like!!!) and within minutes she was sitting beside her big bro. Gabe looked at me and said 'Mommy, we love eachother'...it was one of those moments where you'd just like to press pause on life, and relish in the moment of LOVE!!

Here she is showing off her climbing skills...

It's been a lot of pictures of Ashy lately, but she's just at that stage of life where everything she does is silly or troublesome, I feel like she is pure entertainment for me! She can give kisses and hugs, throw tantrums, say hi, bye, momma, dada, uh-oh, and her best trick of all....she can now take off her own shirt. I'm just so proud of her for learning THAT one....the number of times I'm putting her shirt back on, is just a workout in itself.

No comments: