Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Love Day...

Mornin' Y'all.

It's a bitter cold day here on the homefront, and I gots me a roarin' fire goin, in the furnace. Ahhh, nice n' toasty on this Love Day.

The only red I've seen this Valentines, is the open wound hubs brought up from the barn. He was working on a gutter and caught his baby finger in a cog wheel. It made my heart warm (the acid from the throw-up that entered my esophagus whilst I applied band-aids to the wound, was probably the cause of the heat) to help my husband in his time of need.

I've decided the best way to show my hubs love on this special day, is through food. Scones more specifically. It's really my answer for everything ... especially when I'm on a low carb, natural food diet...It's a way of testing my will power. I have yet to succeed in willing against the scones. I'm not sure why I put myself through such rigorous testing, but today is the day ...I will not eat one. for real. instead I will have my low fat yogurt. Mmmm Delicious low fat yogurt. It's just what I want. Not a buttery, heated scone, with sugar coating on it's delightfully chewy raisin self...ahem...No, no, I really want a yogurt........ Yessiree. (*sigh*)

I may need your prayers as I bake these sweet nothings...

1 comment:

6Pigtales and A Buzzcutboy said...

Scones are soundin' good Leanne! Just eat a half a one and dip it in the yougurt..just pretend the yourgut has a lump.

Chrissy