Saturday, February 24, 2007

Jenny Benny

I gotta tell ya, there ain't nothing like undergarment shopping with a close friend. It really brings you into a whole new realm of humour.

"She must have tried on the entire department", said the grouchy fitting room attendant, who seemed to think she was on the 'bra patrol'. She would raise her eyebrows as I would feed new underthings through the door, while I'd quickly survey the status of the latest fitting under the favourite t-shirt.

"Yessss! that's the one, it gives you the perfect leverage without giving the torpedo look!" "It's a keeper...put it in the 'fersure' pile, and gimme the 'torpedo' pile." " I'll see if they have another in the full figure department", as I snicker at her 'full-figuredness' (knowing I'd be the same)and plop another pile on grouchy's desk, only to be met with yet another sigh.

After many fittings, she picked the golden girls, and we made our way to the checkout...

I do believe we lost the calories we had just consumed at McDonalds, solely from the sheer laughter...it was good for the soul.

It's great to have a friend that, in one night, you can share the 'details', stuff yer face with fast food, AND go to the local Bible bookstore to search out some compelling, soul-nuturing, literature.......Can't find a friendship like that just anywhere.


Thanks Jen :)

1 comment:

6Pigtales and A Buzzcutboy said...

I agree Leanne..you always gotta have a Bra " girl " shopping buddy..keep those " girls" up and and happy!

Glad to hear you had a good time!