Sunday, February 25, 2007

Kittens...

Well, we've got some new tenants.

Lastnight I went to the barn to help Dwight out with the chores, and I noticed a momma cat that was almost as wide as she was long. She was SO pregnant. I asked the Hubs if we could take her into the house to have her babies..we really need more kitties around the farm, as the population is really declining, and I'm sure the mouse population will be throwing parties this spring.

So ... after much debate, he allowed it and said ..well she won't be having them tonight, so we'll get a place ready for her in the basement and then we'll bring her in, in the next few days.

Sure enough, just as Dwight was leaving the barn lastnight, he and his sister noticed that indeed the momma cat was having her kittens...they put her in a box filled with straw and brought her up to the house.

By the time I went to bed lastnight, she was at 3, 1 white, and 2 orange. When I woke up this morning, she had had another one, a black one.

They are so adorable, just larger than a mouse and their heads look enormous. Too cute.

I'll post a picture as soon as can...

1 comment:

6Pigtales and A Buzzcutboy said...

OOOOHHHHH I love little kittens..so sweet! I can't wait to see thier cute little faces in some pics.